Get your social group, colleagues or friends together for a private tour, available day or night.
Private group tours are available outside of regular day and night tour times, depending on the groups requirements. The following themed tours are available for private groups.
Our school group tours can be tailored especially to your specific needs or recreational requirement.
Generally these tours highlight the historical features of the site and the social influences of law and order however the gaol is also an ideal tour location for Maths, English and Social Studies excursions. Talk to our staff about your school’s specific requirements today.
Unlock the fun these school holidays with a range of activities just for OOSH groups.
We offer a range of activities tailored to children’s entertainment and learning. The following activities are available for private group bookings and all activities are suitable for ages 5 – 12 years. Generally the tours & activities take 90 minutes and are presented to suit the groups schedule and requirements outside regular public tour times.
- Maitland Gaol is an indoor and outdoor venue.
- Dress to the weather, please wear enclosed footwear. During hot weather please make sure children have drink bottles and hats, there are water refill stations located around the site.
- Tours will proceed during inclement weather – raincoats, ponchos and umbrellas are permitted but not supplied.
- Arrival time will be supplied on your confirmation. If your group requires bathroom breaks, we suggest you allow extra time. If you are going to be late please advise on 4936 6482. The tour guide will meet you at the front gate, please do not bring group into the office as space is limited.
- Please note that supervision for your group is provided by you, our tour guide is not regarded as a supervisor for the group.
- If your group wish to have a meal break whilst you are here, ANZAC park (opposite the Gaol) can be utilised for this purpose. There is a playground and picnic tables available, unfortunately there is no wet weather shelter. Bathroom facilities at the Gaol can be used during this time.
- You are welcome and encouraged to take personal and souvenir photos of your experience however we request that you do not video the tour guide during the tour. You are welcome to take photographs of the tour guides once permission is granted from them on an individual basis.
- Maitland Gaol is private property and no images taken can be used for commercial purposes without written consent from Maitland City Council.