SOCIAL MEDIA HOUSE RULES
The purpose of this platform is to keep you informed about fascinating facts and happenings at Maitland Gaol.
The page is managed from Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm. Staff will respond to your questions and, where appropriate, comments during these times.
We respect everyone’s right to express their thoughts and opinions and encourage constructive dialogue across social media platforms. But we do ask you to remember that if your contributions don’t comply with Facebook’s Terms, Instagram Terms or our House Rules then they (and you) may be removed.
- Posts of an obscene, offensive, humiliating, discriminatory, defamatory or threatening nature will not be tolerated.
- Posts and comments that encourage breaking the law, incite violence or lawlessness, or encourage others to do so, including violation of copyright laws will not be tolerated.
- Posts that encourage or glamorise the use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs, or contain profane language, are sexual in nature or uses symbols, abbreviations or emojis that allude to the same will not be tolerated.
- Posts that contain content about the Council, Council officials, Councillors or members of the public that is misleading or deceptive, or posts that could be perceived as part of a campaign of a political nature on your or another’s behalf will be removed.
- Bullying, trolling or any harassment of other users, Council staff or elected representatives will not be tolerated.
- Be respectful of the views of others.
- This is a spam free zone. So no repeat posts or unsolicited ads please.
- Keep posts relevant to the page and published content.
- Do not breach another individual’s privacy, copyright or Council’s Code of Conduct.
- Posts or comments that are part of a pattern of user behaviour that breaches these House Rules may lead to the post, comment or user being removed and/or blocked.
We welcome your feedback, both positive and negative. While we support lively, open discussion, we reserve the right to delete contributions and block users at our discretion. Please engage with all our social media platforms and its users in a respectful way.
Permissions You Give to Us
We do not claim ownership and copyright of your Content, but you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, revocable non-transferable, perpetual licence to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and/or reproduce, your content, including editing, compiling and assembling video works, interstitials or the use of photographic works as underlying works compiled into moving image without limitation in any online media formats (including e-newsletters) and through any social media channels, pages or accounts. If you have any moral rights in the Content, you consent to us doing any act that but for this consent would be an infringement of those moral rights.
Content will continue to appear if you shared it with others and they have not deleted it.
If your Content is used on Maitland Gaol’s digital or social platforms, your name and/or business will always be credited. We may also choose at our sole discretion to link back to your website or business social media profile.
Maitland Gaol may, at its discretion use paid media to boost your content/social feed post in the form of a sponsored post.
Maitland Gaol may, at its discretion attach logos or other branding devices on photos or videos.
You can revoke this licence at any time by contacting us in writing at [email protected] and informing us that you no longer want us to use your content.
If Maitland Gaol wishes to use any of the above mentioned Content in a paid advertising campaign capacity (either on social media or digital platforms, or for ‘offline’ purposes – such as print publication or outdoor media) you will be contacted directly for permission and a formal licencing agreement will be set up. This does not relate to a sponsored/boosted social feed post, as mentioned above.
Permission to use your username and profile picture
You give us permission to show your username, profile picture, and information about your actions (such as likes) or relationships (such as follows) next to or in connection with accounts, ads, offers, and other sponsored content that you follow or engage with that are displayed on Facebook Products and Instagram, without any compensation to you. For example, we may show that you liked a sponsored post created by a brand that has paid us to display its ads on Instagram. As with actions on other content and follows of other accounts, actions on sponsored content and follows of sponsored accounts can be seen only by people who have permission to see that content or follow.