Information regarding reopening & Coronavirus (COVID-19)
WE ARE OPEN
Maitland Gaol is excited to welcome back visitors but due to ongoing restrictions some changes have been made to the experience to ensure staff and visitors safety.
- Site open daily for self guided audio tours - you must bring your own device and download the app.
- Guided Day and Night tours have been reinstated however maximum numbers are strictly capped (Night tour max = 30 persons, Day tour max = 20 persons). Pre-booking guided tours is highly recommended.
- Visitors who are unwell will not be permitted.
The government requires us to collect your details upon entry including your full name, telephone number and/or email address and postcode, anyone unwilling to provide this information will not be permitted entry*.
Group numbers are limited to a maximum of 30 persons.
- Pre-booking is highly recommended (hit the book now button on the homepage to book your tickets).
- Cashless transactions preferred.
- The site will be restricted and all buildings will have a maximum amount of people permitted labelled at the entrance. Areas not accessible will include The Kitchen, Hospital and Auditorium.
- There will be no water coolers on site so please bring water with you.
- Maximum of 500 people on site at one time.^
For your safety additional cleaning is being undertaken daily and hygiene stations will be available at the entrance to most buildings. We would appreciate you using these as frequently as possible. As with all public places you will be required to social distance at least 1.5metres from people outside of your household and adhere to building limits which will be indicated on entrances. If you have any questions regarding this information please contact us.
*Your personal information is being collected for the purposes of tracing COVID-19 infections if a case was identified at this facility. If a case was identified, the information will be provided to the NSW Government Health and Medical Research Department or their authorised representative to enable the containment of infection. The information is required as part of the Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order (No 3) 2020. Non supply of the requested information will result in you being refused entry to the facility. You may correct the information at any time during its four (4) week retention period. The information will be kept securely onsite at Maitland Gaol.
^In line with Government regulations all 'groups' must be 30 persons or under. Therefore Maitland Gaol is NOT available to hire for private functions and events.