Outdoor Cinema – Escape from Alcatraz
Outdoor Cinema has returned to Maitland Gaol, this time screening Escape from Alcatraz.
Join us on Saturday 18 March and watch the big screen come alive inside the walls of the former maximum security prison.
One of the most iconic prison films of all time, Escape from Alcatraz is sure to delight as it’s projected onto the big screen inside the walls of Maitland Gaol. Based on a true story, three daring men make a possibly successful attempt at escaping from this infamous prison. Starring Clint Eastwood, this classic film will have you on the edge of your picnic rug as this seemingly impenetrable federal penitentiary is attempted to be broken by three inmates – are they ever heard from again?
General Event Information
- Gates open at 6.30pm please present your booking confirmation at entry. Bag checks will be undertaken.
- Food and drinks (including alcohol) available for purchase on the night
- NO PASS OUTS
- Enjoy the first hour by getting something to eat, a drink, and popcorn for the film.
- 6.30pm- gates open
- 7.30pm – film commences
- 7.30pm – 9.30pm – movie showing
- 10.30 – event end and gates closed
What to bring
- Snacks and sealed bottled water
- Camp chair or picnic rug
This is a special adults only event (18 years and over). Security will be present on the night for bag and ID checks.