How to Purchase Tickets
Tickets for day tours may be purchased (subject to availability), up until the time of the tour. All evening tours must be prebooked and prepaid. Tickets may be booked and paid (subject to availability) on line until the time of the tour with various ticket delivery methods (see 4. Internet below). No person will be allowed on a tour without the appropriate official ticket.
Tickets for self guided visits and public tours of Maitland Gaol may be purchased by:
- Phone: Call 02 4936 6482 with your preferred tour and credit card details ready (Mastercard or Visa).
- In person at Maitland Gaol: Come into the visitor reception counter at Maitland Gaol and make your choice with payment by credit card or cash. No ticket sales are available by this method after 4.00pm. The visitor reception counter is in the Administration Office, Level 1, 'Governors Residence' Maitland Gaol, 6-18 John Street, East Maitland, New South Wales, 2323 (the building on the right-hand side of the main entrance).
- In person at the Maitland Visitor Information Centre: Come into the Visitor Information Centre in Maitland and make your choice with payment by credit card or cash. No ticket sales available by this method after 4.00pm. The Visitor Information Centre is located at Ministers Park, Corner New England Highway and High Street, Maitland New South Wales 2320.
- Internet: Tickets for public guided day and torchlight tours and some public functions are available for purchase over the internet from this website. Tickets will generally be available for tours up to 3 months in advance. Click here to go to the secure online booking page to purchase tickets. Payment can be made by Mastercard or Visa. Depending on how far in advance the tickets are purchased, various forms of ticket delivery method are available. Tickets may be purchased up until the time of the tour with the print at home ticket delivery option allowing display of the ticket to the tour guide at the gate on an appropriate device. This method of purchase is not available for tickets where the Companion Card or other forms of complimentary or voucher ticket allocation is to be used.
- By post: Call 02 4936 6482 with your preferred tour details. Make a booking and forward payment by cheque or money order to Maitland Gaol, PO Box 249, East Maitland, New South Wales, 2323. Cheques and money orders should be made payable to Maitland City Council. This method is only available where there is time for payment to arrive, be cleared and tickets to be dispatched prior to the tour.
Prior to purchasing your tickets, whether by phone or in person, please read the Ticketing Conditions.